16 September 2011

Friday Night Movie!


AHH! I almost forgot that it's Friday! I've been so busy today! Plus I got lost on the complete other side of the city, which is much busier and more conjested than I'm used to. I only have an hour to type this up before the place with WiFi closes, so let's get started, shall we?

This week's movie: A Woman of Substance



Ok, this isn't exactly a movie, it's a mini-series, but it is absolutely inspiring! This is by far one of my favorite things to watch. It's about a young woman named Emma Harte who works for almost nothing as a maid. She's basically near the bottom of the social scale. A twist of fate happens and she quits her job as a maid to find work elsewhere. Driven with hate, Emma climbs her way up the ladder and becomes a very rich and powerful woman. This woman totally OWNS!

A Woman of Substance is based on the book of the same title, written by Barbara Taylor Bradford. Usually I try to read the book before the movie, but it took me a long time to find the book. I just bought the book last week and after I'm done with my college homework for the weekend, I'm going to start it! I'm excited because I've read that the author says the movie matched her book pretty well.



I chose this movie not only because it's one of my favorites, but because the message is extremely inspiring. Achieving power and making your way to the top is a challenge that most people don't want to take the time or effort to achieve. The thing is, you need to break a sweat to get what you want. Some people are afraid to try new things, but the thing is, you need to say you're going to do it and not go back on your word. For a few years I kept saying I was going to go to college, and never did until I finally forced myself out there.

In the movie, Emma Harte is driven by hatred and in a way I have been, too (I hated that everyone kept telling me I wouldn't amount to much. I'll show them!). I honestly don't think it's very healthy. Helga G. Pataki is driven by love, and that's why I love her so much. Let something drive you (let's hope it's not hate) and you'll be able to achieve anything!



PATAKI FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment