09 September 2011

Friday Night Movie!

Alright, all you chuckleheads, it's another Friday and I promised this entry wouldn't feature a chick flick. I was actually having trouble figuring out which movie I wanted to feature, but I became inspired after I started one of my college classes.

So, I've decided that tonight's movie is: The Godfather



Here's the story behind why I picked The Godfather. In one of my classes, there's this kid named Gino (I hope that's the way it's spelled, because that would be even more awesome!). And the two times I've had class this week, he's had his hair slicked back, and he was wearing a nice suit shirt and a tie. I swear, his look just SCREAMS mobster!



Now, this movie is truly a classic, but I will warn you that it is super long. It's based on a novel of the same name by Mario Puzo. Forgive me, because it's been a while since I've actually viewed the movie, sadly it's not in my DVD collection. The story begins in New York with "Don" Vito Corleone, the head of a mafia family, who is accepting requests for favors at his daughter's wedding. Throughout the movie, threats are made, people are killed, and cars blow up! It's kind of an insider's view of what mobsters are all about.

Amazingly, there is an episode in Hey Arnold! that parodies The Godfather, and that episode is Big Gino. And THAT is why the Gino in my class inspired me. However, the kid in my class seems like a friendly person. In fact, I heard him humming a tune before class yesterday, but his overall look reminds me of cartoon Gino.



I really wish I had a photo of the kid to compare, but you'll just have to use your imaginations.

Thank you all for being patient with me, I've been really busy with moving and now starting college. If I have to, I may switch my post dates around so they'll work with my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment